So help me out, I read that photos stored on Blogger and videos under 15 minutes won't count towards your free 1GB of storage, however, I can't upload anymore pictures to my blog because it is telling me to pay a monthly fee. So is this blog over, or do I need to be reformatting my files before I upload them? Or do I need to delete something? I don't plan on paying a monthly rate for this blog...I only did it because I was under the impression it was free. So what do I need to do?
Thanks,
Andreah

Photos definately count. I'm not sure about videos...I've never heard that 15 min thing. If you aren't planning to print your blog then I would say go ahead and resize your pictures. If you plan to print it, well you are making a huge pain for yourself by resizing them, and it would probably be more worth it to pay the $5 a year.
ReplyDeleteI just ran into this problem on my blog but I just added my other email address as an additional author on the blog. Now I just post under that email address and have an additional 1GB of storage.
ReplyDeleteAndreah, I'm having the same problem, and I know of several other people who are too. I find it hard to believe that EVERYONE using blogger has suddenly reached their 1GB max all at the same time. Not sure what's really going on, but I'll probably try what your friend above said and add another email. I've had blogs with Blogger for several years and have never had this problem before...
ReplyDeletePhotos under 2048 x 2048 shouldn't count towards that limit (see http://support.google.com/picasa/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=61627). For video, I assume you're uploading to YouTube, so you should have to worry about limits there.
ReplyDelete